Saturday, December 17, 2011

MY name

Posted by myPuan at 2:27 PM
In Malay, the word “Puan” is a calling to married women while in English meaning “Madam” (Chinese: 夫人). If you know Malay language, sure you will think why I call myself “Puan”. Apparently, this is not because I get married. This is my Family name or surname ok><

Don’t ask me why everybody calls me “Puan”, maybe this is easier to call than my name? Sometime I like to short my name as “myPuan” in meaning of my Madam? Whatever, you still can call me “Puan”, “mypuan”, or my Chinese name?  Lol. I don’t mind what you call me instead of don’t change my Family name. Family name is very important to me. Especially for Chinese, Family name must be goes on to next generation so that a family is last longer in the world. Traditionally, this is the responsible for men and only a man of a family can give their child with family surname.

For “Puan” revolution, I would like to ask my future husband let me name our kids with my Family name. (giggling) So at least have to birth two babies to show my sincerely, one follow your Family name and one for me =P 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

immiSSpuan Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphic from Enakei | web hosting